Your smile is an asset for your confidence. If you have strained, broken, misaligned, or crowded teeth, you may want to get that corrected. Cosmetic dentistry, as the name suggests, includes all the treatments and procedures, which help in enhancing your smile. The treatment plan in dentisterie esthétique is decided by the dentist after a checkup and discussion with the patient. In this post, let’s discuss more on cosmetic dentistry.
Some cosmetic dentistry treatments mentioned below may be known to you, while others are more specific and recommended for certain “smile” issues. Here’s an overview of common treatments.
- Teeth whitening. The simplest way to enhance your smile and appearance of your teeth is to get a teeth-whitening procedure done, and this is different from using a standard toothpaste at home. Your dentist can get rid of plaque, tartar, and use special bleaching agents to remove staining.
- Dental veneers are made of porcelain or resin materials and look like thin shells that are used to cover the frontal surface of the teeth for that near-perfect smile. Veneers are reversible and a onetime procedure.
- Bonding is usually done to fix chipped, cracked teeth, and it is a good alternative to standard fillings. It is not as expensive and is done using a resin-type material. Dental bonding is one of the oldest cosmetic dentistry procedures.
- Dental crowns. A dental crown is also often known as a cap, which helps in covering a damaged tooth, often after restorative steps have been taken to prevent further decay inside. Crowns are often made of metal, ceramic and resin materials and are quite effective.
- Dental implants are replacement tooth roots, which are placed in the socket of the missing teeth. Unlike dentures, implants are permanent and serve as a base for replacement teeth, which can be either removable or permanent.
As you may have guessed, cosmetic dentistry is often a matter of choice, but it is important and a part of comprehensive dental care. Depending on the condition of your teeth, you may consider visiting a dental clinic or orthodontist, to find the best possible treatment for your smile. Even if you have a perfect smile, a teeth-whitening procedure can actually change the appearance of your teeth considerably.
Check online to find a reliable and known clinic near you, and don’t shy away from asking relevant questions before opting for a cosmetic dentistry procedure.
Comments are closed.