Photofacials: A cutting-edge technology for beautiful skin
The latest skin treatment everyone is talking about is a photofacial in Brighton. Photo facial is a different type of facial that uses light to treat various skin issues like acne scars, wrinkles, uneven skin tone, etc. Photo facial is one of the best ways of getting radiant skin. Let’s see how it works.
What is photofacial?
It is the treatment that is used to achieve youthful and clear skin through light emitting devices. This can be performed on any part of the body except for the area above the eyes: Eyelids and the skin just above the eyes.
These are used to deal with a lot of problems and the procedure generally lasts for 30 to 90 minutes. They are of two types: IPL and LED.
IPL is short for intense pulsed light, it is also known as pulsed light therapy. It uses a device that emits pulses of broad spectrum light, this device is directly used on the skin and penetrates to the deeper layers of skin. It is great for treating conditions like broken capillaries and sun damage.
LED means light emitting diode photofacial. In this treatment a device which emits different colours of LED light is used, and is done on the epidermis. They are a good way of targeting issues like acne scars and skin tone inconsistencies.
Uses of photofacial
Photofacials are generally used to treat pigmentation issues and blemishes of the skin. Here are the issues that can be solved with it.
- Broken capillaries: A lot of exposure to the sun results in breakage of capillaries on the face, this treatment can help in removing them.
- Sun damage: Exposure to the sun creates a lot of damage to one’s skin and photofacial is very useful in removing the sunspots.
- Rosacea: It is a condition that results in redness with swelling on the face, it can also be improved with this treatment.
- Spider veins: Sometimes blood vessels become visible through the skin and this condition is called spider veins. A photofacial treatment is very helpful in treating this condition.
- Freckles: If somebody has unwanted freckles anywhere on the body, they can choose to get this treatment.
A photo facial also helps in fighting the common signs of aging like fine lines and wrinkles along with the above-mentioned conditions. So, this facial is a great treatment to rejuvenate your skin.